District of Kona (
The meeting of the Native Hawaiian Coalition, Kona District was held at the Makiki, Community Church of Christ. Keali`i Makekau chair presiding.
The meeting was called to order at 8:07 p.m. The chairman apologized that he was not present at the last scheduled meeting of the District of Kona, June 26, 2006. No formal complaints or communication was received as a result of that incident.
Approval of Minutes
The minutes of May 22, 2006 was reviewed. Moved by Milton Ragsdale to accept the minutes as presented, seconded by Umialiloa Sexton, Minutes accepted without opposition.
District Representatives: No report.
Special Committee on Rules of the Assembly: See 3 below.
1) The OHA meeting to “flesh out” the steps outlining Nationhood was discussed and Mr. Makekau shared information in regards to OHA’s next step, which includes a planed “Think Tank” session. Mr. Makekau shared several topics that would be discussed at that session from a notice to an invited attendee.
2) Native Hawaiian Coalition Committees: The special committees were reviewed and once again opened to those who are willing to participate and who meet the qualifications.
3) Dennis W. Ragsdale, Chairman for the Special Committee on Rules of the Assembly, shared an update and advised of a website for the Native Hawaiian Coalition.
4) www.nativehawaiiancoalition.org. This is a site where officers and committee members would be able to have their own e-mail address. Other information in regards to the Native Hawaiian Coalition is also posted on this site.
1) A petition has been received and filed with the Chair of the Native Hawaiian Coalition, District of Kona and will be forwarded to the Chair Pro Tempore for the Native Hawaiian Coalition.
2) Guidelines for the District of the Native Hawaiian Coalition were shared by the chair, District of Kona. It will be required for a district and its representative to be recognized as active in the Native Hawaiian Coalition
Motion: Milton Ragsdale motioned that
the District of Kona adopt Roberts Rules of Order 10th edition.
Motion carried by unanimous vote.
3) The District was asked as to whether anyone would like to do presentations in regards to Forms of Government. Milton Ragsdale will be doing a presentation on Roberts Rules of Order. Dennis W. Ragsdale, guest, volunteered to do a presentation on International Law. Koolaupoko has been a role model on doing such presentations.
4) Milton Ragsdale request that all documents be turned over from OHA to the Native Hawaiian Coalition. Keali`i Makekau will refer it to the Native Hawaiian Coalition, Chair Pro Tempore.
5) It was shared that the next general Native Hawaiian Coalition meeting is still pending funding and the legitimizing of districts and representatives.
Ø Next Kona District Meeting – September 28, 2006, Thursday, 7:00 p.m.
Ø Meeting adjourned at 9:03 p.m.